Saturday, July 08, 2006

Yet Another Hairbrush

As many of you have heard, I have a thing for toys – mostly really inexpensive toys as in the under $5 range, things you can find around the house or shop and buy under at least some guise of putting it to normal or at least some non-spanking use.

Like all obsessions, this one makes no sense. I already have more toys than I could ever use and for the most part more than I'm willing to store. Like all obsessions, I have found ways to buy far too many toys from time to time – such as the idea that I would buy a few of each to test and then start a business to resell them. Ah, the money you can spend under the "I'll start a business and make money" delusion (I also do this with gems and some jewelry).

To deal with this obsession I have attempted to resist buying more toys and, failing that (naturally), severely limit myself, particularly in the area of cheap, plentiful toys. Unfortunately for some reason I got on E-Bay recently (to look for jewelry, actually) and was immediately forced to buy a new hairbrush.

A beautiful hairbrush from Hawaii, made from curly koa wood, which is supposed to be both soft and medium-heavy, and an adequate length (it appeared from the picture) to give a decent spanking, adequate breadth to give a bearable one:



It arrived yesterday and Cat was almost immediately spanked with it. She reports that it wasn't too thuddy but was unbearably stingy. The lack of thud I attribute to the fact that it's nowhere near as heavy as our ebony ones. The wood seems lighter in the first place and the head is hollowed out for a rubber bristle-insert instead of bristles being set in the wood. It's nine inches long which is just about the minimum for most spankings, and the back is perfectly flat, which is what I think gives it its sting. So quite a different sensation from the Pride of England ebony standard. And though we haven't tried it, it claims to be waterproof, so it can be used wet (!)

But of course I mostly bought it for its looks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok now that looks like it would hurt. boy-oh boy i would hate to have that used on me. i feel sorry for the person who has to get it.
Lizzy