Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A Little Light Reading

so first of all you have to understand that I have a very recognizable car... two, really. Not just likely to be mine but totally definitely mine... and my office is within walking distance of the local shopping center, which also has the movie theater and is the big local hang-out... in other words, many people I know or work with could quite easily see my car when it's parked a few spaces back from the grocery store - see it and know that it's mine.

That's what worried me, a bit, when we came out of the movie and as I walked up to my car I saw a book in the back seat - not just any book but "Bondage for Sex." Among books to have in the back seat this might be about the least discreet choice - I've got "Shibari" - Japanese rope bondage with a lovely picture of a woman's forearms beautifully wrapped - but if you don't immediately know what Shibari is, you wouldn't notice. However, this wasn't the Shibari book - it's the book that has large, bright, block letters (over a dim background of sexy body parts) proclaiming Bondage! what kind, of bondage (!), you ask? well of course it's Bondage For Sex! - as if there were other kinds... maybe "Of Human Bondage" or some type of social justice novels - but no, not this one, this one is human bondage for SEX!

It seems someone... who shall remain nameless but not unspanked - was reading said book on the trip back from Orange County... and rather than putting it back into the well-filled toy bag, decided to leave it face-up on the back seat...

No comments: